Black Ops 4 & Blackout Patch Notes
Black Ops 4 / Blackout Patch, October 23th, 2018
General Patch Notes
It seems like multiplayer servers were upped from 20Hz to 30Hz.
Fixes and improvements to Tier progression earn rate across all modes of Multiplayer and Blackout.
General stability improvements across Multiplayer, Blackout, and Zombies.
- Playlist Updates
- Weekly rotation of Featured category of playlists:
- Added “Mercenary Capture Moshpit” playlist added to Featured Playlist (5v5 Domination, Hardpoint, and Control with no Parties).
- Added “Hardcore Control” playlist added to the Featured Category.
- Added “Search and Destroy” playlist to Featured Category.
- Resolved an issue causing a UI Error in the After Action Report for Master Prestige players.
- Resolved an issue with the “Nuked Out” Calling Card not properly unlocking in the Hardcore Free For All playlist.
Resolved an issue where players were able to get permanent 200 Health if two players using Crash used the Tak-5.
Search and Destroy
Resolved an issue where users could spectate the enemy team by changing classes during their Kill Cam.
After Action Report
Resolved an issue that sometimes led to a black screen during the After Action Report.
- Resolved an issue where War Paints were not showing up in the reward stream until they were unlocked.
- Multiple crash fixes.
PC only fix
- Fixed memory leak issues that eventually caused the game to close with an error.
Black Ops 4 / Blackout Patch, October 21th, 2018
General Black Ops 4 Patch Notes
- Addressed a crash at the end of matches for Master Prestige players in Multiplayer and Zombies. We’re planning further improvements for related UI issues in a future update.
- General stability improvements across all modes.
- Addressed a crash when crafting the Shield with Frugal Fetish equipped.
- Various stability fixes across all maps.
Blood of the Dead
Addressed an issue with the Shield not displaying the correct updated version for the player.
Addressed a crash when turning on the power in a Custom Mutations match.
Addressed an issue where players had to scroll right or left on the d-pad multiple times to navigate through Stash lists.
Addressed an issue where the Collapse circle would sometimes appear invisible to players.
Addressed an issue that highlighted the wrong score on the scoreboard if the scoreboard was opened immediately after death.
Jumping while sprinting with Ruin now performs the same as with all other Specialists.
CoD Black Ops 4 / Black Out Patch 20/10/2018
- Fixed an issue where players were sometimes unable to loot items from a Death Stash.
- Addressed an issue that prevented players from earning Contraband Tier progress.
- Addressed an issue that prevented players from earning the proper amount of Contraband Tier progress in round-based games.
- Addressed an issue with some MP matches ending in “Game Session No Longer Available”.
- General stability improvements in the Black Market.
Addressed an issue with Attachments applying to the GKS.
Special Issue Equipment
Resolved an exploit that led to unlimited Seeker shock mines.
Black Ops 4 Patch 1.03 - October 19th, 2018
Leaderboards are now available for Multiplayer, Blackout, and Zombies. For Multiplayer and Blackout, players will start ranking on Leaderboards after playing 25 games.
Addressed an issue where player-created paintjobs may appear corrupted or stretched when placed on weapons. Previously created paintjobs may appear shifted or skewed as a result and may need to be readjusted.
As a result of significant architectural changes between updates, previous Theater files can no longer be viewed. While this is an unfortunate side effect of live game development, we will make every effort to keep instances of incompatibility to an absolute minimum.
General stability improvements across Multiplayer, Blackout, and Zombies.
- Improved spawn points on various maps in Free For All and Domination.
- Added “Sprint Cancels Reload” to Options in the Controls category. When enabled, this allows players to cancel their weapon reload by starting a sprint. This will not prevent sprinting or reloading if players are already sprinting and perform a reload.
- Addressed several issues with mantling and other first-person combat animations.
- Fixed an exploit where a player could use Crash’s TAK-5 for the duration of the match.
- Addressed an issue where Ruin’s Grapple Gun would appear to float from the player’s hand.
- Addressed an issue where Nomad’s Vision Pulse visuals would remain on enemies after respawning and during Best Play.
- Improved pathfinding for Prophet’s Seeker on various maps.
- Corrected an issue with voiceover lines occasionally playing at incorrect times.
Weapons & Attachments
- Addressed issues with weapon Camos appearing on unintended portions of weapons.
- Addressed an issue where some Reactive Camos were not displaying correctly.
- Addressed an issue where friendly Players, Equipment, and Scorestreaks would display thermal visuals in the NVIR Optic.
Additional spawns added for various game modes.
Extended the silo catwalk Control zone into the missile area to provide additional cover when attacking and defending.
Addressed an issue with Engineer that allowed highlighted Equipment to occasionally obscure enemy players.
- Addressed an issue where the Gunship’s thermal visuals could remain on enemy Players.
- Addressed an issue where the Mantis could not be controlled after calling in a Strike Team.
Team kills with the Sensor Dart in Hardcore no longer count toward Scorestreak progress.
- We’ve improved stability in Easter Egg quests and high-round play, and are currently working on addressing more crashes.
- Addressed an issue where in-game XP notifications were appearing in Zombies. The XP earn rate across all Zombies modes has been verified and is unchanged.
- Improved pathing for enemy Zombies.
- Addressed instances of Zombies Challenges displaying incorrect completion requirements.
- Addressed an issue causing a delay before players could activate consecutive Special Weapon melee attacks.
- Addressed an issue causing a slight delay before players could pick up a Power-Up.
- Addressed issues with Camos not properly applying to weapons.
- Addressed issues with several Camo Challenges not displaying the correct unlock requirements.
- Addressed instances of Pack-a-Punch Camos not appearing on specific weapons.
- Addressed an issue where the second part of the boss battle occasionally wouldn’t trigger properly.
- Addressed multiple issues with overlapping voiceover lines.
- Addressed an issue where players were not earning Nebulium Plasma in Custom Mutations.
- Addressed several stability issues when using different Custom Mutation options.
- Addressed an issue where Zombies characters were displaying incorrectly in the Inspection menu.
Addressed issues with Splitscreen stability in the Staging Area.
Addressed an issue with Challenges incorrectly tracking wins in Duos and Quads.
- Maximum player footstep volume while active has been lowered.
- Material sounds are now more audible over larger distances while active.
- We’ve also made the following additional updates specific to PC:
- Fixed a crash related to equipping a Hellion Salvo with any Camo and the Fast Lock Attachment.
- Addressed an issue where right-clicking in the Scoreboard could prevent mouse functionality.
- Addressed an issue in the Paintshop where the paintjob preview wasn’t rendering properly.
General stability improvements.
- Fixed an issue that should improve performance for players reporting stuttering. The Beenox team will continue to monitor performance closely for future updates.
- Improved network connection stability when using voice chat.
Fixed an occasional crash during higher rounds on IX.
- Players can now report other users after viewing the Killcam.
- Addressed an issue where FOV didn't properly reset after using a Gesture.
Black Ops 4 / Blackout 1.03 PC Only Patch Notes
- Players can now report other users after the Killcam
- Fixed an issue where the field of view wasn't properly reset to 3rd person FOV when using a 3rd person emote
Fixed and issue where users would sometime experience a crash in high waves on IX
General Changes (PC)
- CodCaster is now enabled.
- Supported "Sprint Cancels Reload" option for Mouse and Keyboard
- Fixed an issue where right-clicking in the Scoreboard would prevent mouse functionality
- Fixed an issue where the Helion Salvo's Fast Lock had an option to customize it
- Fixed an issue where equipping a Helion Salvo with any Camo and Fast Lock led to a crash
- Fixed an issue in the paintshop where paintjob preview wasn’t rendering properly
- Fixed an issue where View Distance settings was inverted in the graphics options
- Fixed an issue on "Cymbal Monkey Throw Mode" that did not behave like other grenades when "On Press" is active
Stability Fixes (PC)
Improved network connection stability when using voice chat
General stability fixes
Fixed an issue that should help users reporting stuttering reach better performance. We'll continue monitoring the performance closely to keep working on improvements.